Friday, December 26, 2008

YES, TIME FLYES
Another year is gone. Amid tons of lessons, tests, audio files, pictures and many other things used for alternative teaching techniques, I can count my blessings. 2008 represented a big boost for my “career’ as an English teacher. The internet is providing increasing and ever-growing sources of interesting collections of all kinds of English material, both “authentic” (for native speakers) and learning-oriented. With a faster connection and a higher performance PC, I used the web a lot over these last months, not only in class but also as an extra and supplementary tool. The VOIP technology allowed me to get in touch with native speakers along the year, the on-demand videos brought real voices and peculiar images that enhanced our in-class experiences. Not to mention You Tube, ITunes, Google Earth, Divx Videos, etc.

And there was my trip to the USA which was nothing but superb and the best thing that could’ve happened to improve my English. Though I didn’t spend much time there, what I learned made up for countless hours of any other teacher training course, conferences, teacher’s fairs, English speakers get-togethers in city or stuff. Hope I can go back again in 2009.
Well, thanks for studying with me and let’s keep up on track to achieve even more in the years to come.
God bless you all.

Daniel

No comments: